Friday, January 1, 2016

2015 in review, looking ahead in 2016

Reflecting back on this last year, we had many changes as a family.  From the beginning of the year with my recovery from hip surgery to then moving from day shift to night shift.  In the same week I moved to night shift I also started school to obtain my bachelors degree in Nursing.  Then within that same month we realized that our kitchen floor was bowed due to a leaky dishwasher, which prompted us to unexpectedly replace our kitchen.  This was a blessing definitely and had been desired for a long time, but has made finances a little more difficult.  We went to Florida and my girl and I had our first Disney experience together.  That was awesome getting to experience our first time together!

Then we continued with the renovation of our kitchen throughout the summer and some of the renovations still continue.  I cannot wait for it to be done completely!  The last half of 2015 I took the hardest classes.....Math!  Oh how I hate math, but I am so proud of myself because I got A's in Algebra and Statistics.  Economics I just finished a 10 days before Christmas and it was the most awful class in the history of math classes!  But I pulled through and got a B!  We went to a very special wedding in September and had a wonderful time.  As a family we also went camping twice, once on Assateague and once in Shenandoah.  We had an awesome time in both places even though the weather really didn't cooperate either time.  On Assateague we saw the wild ponies.....who know when people are leaving on Sundays and make their rounds to campsites to pillage through people's gear!  In Shenandoah Paul and I went just the two of us.  We went for a hike that turned into an all day hike, met a nice couple who gave us a ride back to our truck when we realized we were still a good mile away, and my wish came true on our hike.....we saw a bear!  Paul thought I was crazy to want to see a bear, but I thought it was awesome!  

The other major thing for us was my girl starting Kindergarten!  That is right she is growing up so fast!  She is reading chapter books, doing so well in math, and loving her big school now!  Initially she had a little bit of a hard time going from a small private school to adjusting to a big public school, but now she loves it and loves her class.  She also continued with horse back riding, and beginning in December started piano lessons.  By Christmas she was playing Jingle Bells, Jolly Old St. Nick, and Rudolph very well!  We may have a musician on our hands! 

This was our year in a nutshell for 2015 though some things I know I missed, they are not forgotten.  It was busy, crazy, messy, and stressful, but all in all it was good.  God made things happen the way they did for a reason and we are beyond blessed!  I am so blessed to have my girl, who is a caring, compassionate, and loving person.  It is awesome to see her personality and soul develop and show love and compassion toward others.  I am so super blessed to have a caring, understanding, and forgiving husband!  He is awesome and did not complain one bit when I was so stressed with school and work.  He never complained about having to help out more around the house when I was stressed with school, and he never complained or told me I wasn't doing enough around the house.  He let it go and he is awesome for being so understanding!  I am so blessed to also have family close and be able to spend time with them throughout the year.  That was our year for 2015! 

Now looking toward 2016!  Last year at the beginning of the year I read a blog that gave a word for the year.  I thought this was an awesome idea and to focus on that word throughout the year.  So here is goes for me!  My word and the word for our family this year is BLESSINGS.  I am choosing blessings because this is what I foresee.  I will be finishing school in 6 months and I cannot wait!  I have six classes left and I will be done!!  That right there is a HUGE BLESSING!!  Paul will be so excited too, since I will be able to help around more with chores again!  My girl will be turning 6, Paul and I will celebrate 10 years of marriage this year, and we will be making changes to our adoption.  I won't elaborate on that right now, but will soon.  These are only a few of the things I know will be taking place this year, I am sure there will be many more exciting and not so exciting BLESSINGS taking place.  I look forward so much to being done with school, spending more time with my family, enjoying my summer, and relaxing this year.  So I am thanking God for another year and praying for BLESSINGS for us and for all of our friends and family! 

Happy New Year and Blessings to you in 2016!!



No comments:

Post a Comment