Sunday, November 25, 2012

Continuing to be busy!!

So since I last posted we have had my mom's surprise birthday party which I so wanted to post about but couldn't because she reads this! And we have had Thanksgiving.

So mom's party was a hit! It was small but I think she loved it! She loves Jimmy Buffet and on an off chance actually met him over the summer outside of his concert waiting to get in of all places!! He was just standing off by himself and she being brave asked if he was in fact Jimmy which he denied but after convincing him to take a picture and researching the clothing he wore it was him!! Jimmy wrote a book called "A Pirate looks at 50", so in light of this and my mom turning 50 we had "A pirate turns 50" party for her!! And for once in my and Glory's lives we surprised my mom!! We had a banner with a pirate ship and treasure map plates, and table cloth, and the best thing was the treasure chest cake made by my friend Mandy and everything was edible!! Her birthday was the 15th but we had her party a week ago. And then Thanksgiving was at our house. Which was crazy because I worked everyday before Thursday except Monday!! But it was good and with the party and having family over on Thursday too Paul was such a big help in cleaning and getting the turkey ready. We did a pot luck Thanksgiving instead of putting the burden on one person. And it was delicious and warming to the heart to have my family and Paul's all here with us. Then Paul and I both worked on Friday which disappointed me because I wanted to go shopping with all the crazy people, but I went on Saturday and got most everything I wanted/needed without the hassle of big crowds, crazy, nasty people. So all is good! And we decorated for Christmas and got the tree up yesterday, which unfortunately the top lights on our prelit tree were out, so we had to buy a new one. Which we picked up today and I LOVE it!!

On top of all that craziness of my life, the adoption stuff has been crazy and stressful too! I am making a quilt for our coffee, dessert, and silent auction fundraiser on the 9th. (And making baby gifts). And I have been calling trying to get things donated for our auction, and get other fundraisers started too. Oh and trying to get the doctor to write our letters specifying what our mainly my conditions are and trying to get our home study report. So two things happened this month. One was the doctor telling me he didn't have time to write the letters for us and it would never happen, so I wrote them and got them approved, then when I called to tell them that he was working on them. So I am trying to get mine approved now, since he won't change anything else and keep mine to one page. I'm praying it's not a big deal. The second thing that happened was I expected earlier in the month to hear about our home study report and still had not heard as of last Monday. When we should have heard the beginning of the month. Anyway, long story short the agency wasn't sure what was going on with our social worker and they were concerned for her. Well, later this week we heard from her and what had happened and received our home study report to review and make any changes necessary! The sad thing that I have had to wrap my head around is that we will not be DTE (Dossier to Ethiopia) until sometime in January. My goal was for December 31st, but everything is in God's timing and maybe our process after DTE will speed up. I'm not counting on it, but anything is possible! I am anticipating a two year wait though. And the last adoption news is we are still waiting to hear about our grant from church. We are hoping to send a letter to family and friends with Christmas cards. So please pray we get this stuff and that we get the financing we need for our Dossier and that our upcoming fundraiser does really well!! Wee are working on advertising for it too, so praying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment