Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Praising God

So honestly I cannot remember when I last posted. But here is the synopsis of the last few days or half of the week. Most importantly Paul got a job. He started on Monday. It comes with health insurance if we want it, tool money every week, and a regular base flat rate pay. Which for those who don't know what that is, it is commission. So two weeks and he has another job. So far he likes it. He likes the owners and the other guys that work there. Oh, and the other major plus....he is 20 minutes from home! So we are now both 20 minutes from work.

Work last week was so weird! We barely had any patients. This week is a little different but I still got on call for my overtime. Which defeated the purpose but whatever I still got paid a few dollars per hour to stay home.

As far as adoption things go, Paul and I got our physicals and just need some blood work and we are good to go. The doctor is kindly getting our papers notarized himself so we don't have to do it! And I am able to read Paul's pod since I am an RN! The doctor was fine with that so Paul doesn't have to miss work again. We have also decided instead of doing a spaghetti luncheon fundraiser we will do a coffee and dessert with silent auction fundraiser at Christmas! We will e featuring the coffee from the company we are doing another fundraiser through which has Ethiopian coffee. So of course we will feature that! I am excited about that most! And we will also be doing a "wet cut" fundraiser for hair cuts! Thanks to a dear friend for doing that one for us!

So we (or at least I was) concerned about money and bills for the month. And before I got my last paycheck for the month I was doing some serious number crunching and figuring out how to make the bills. I was to the point of using every last spare dollar we had in checks to pay bills. Then I got paid. I had not gotten paid what I should have for a call shift that I was called in for in June. So that was in this check. Wouldn't you know that after that deposit without any cash I had enough to pay bills! I maybe need a little more but I really don't that I do! And once Paul gets last weeks severance we will even be able to save some money for the month! And we have decided to pay ourselves to get our house fixed instead of borrowing from anyone and we will pay our savings back every month like we would a loan but without interest. God is good and has provided exactly what we need! Thank you Lord and I praise you for talking care of my family! I trust Him with everything. It is hard but this alone has shown me he truly cares and will take care of us! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment