Monday, May 14, 2012

Back to reality

Paul and I got back from our vacation yesterday. We had a wonderful time! We went on a cruise to Grand Turk, Freeport, Bahamas, and Half Moon Cay, Bahamas. We totally would like to move to the Bahamas one day now! We snorkeled, swam with the sting rays (including petting them and feeding them), and my favorite....we swam with a dolphin! We swam in open ocean with 3 other people. We all got to touch, hug, kiss, give commands, and hold on and have him pull us while he swam! It was amazing! We went to the piano bar, some shows, walked around, took a massage class, I got a facial and a massage. We had wonderful food, and just relaxed on the deck or on the beach. It was wonderful and much needed! But today was totally back to reality. Paul went to work and I had to do laundry, clean, grocery shop and of course take care of Belle. I know this may sound crazy but I know she grew while we were gone and she is enunciating her words better. I missed her to pieces while we were gone, but enjoyed not having every minute revolve around her too. I am still feeling like I am on the boat though. It is better today than yesterday, but still makes me feel dizzy and really tired.

While we were gone we got an e-mail telling us that we have been accepted into the Ethiopia adoption program through our agency! I was so happy and excited I started to cry! We have another little girl out there waiting for us to bring her home. We also got a bunch of papers for us to sign and return with our first payment of $2500. We don't have all of that in our adoption account so I am praying that God provide it. And we will be having to buy a new shed, because the roof on ours is falling apart, so I am also praying for an inexpensive or free shed.

I am also starting a flower bulb sale soon, to raise money, and a t-shirt sale. I was going to have a yard sale in July but I think I may do it in June so I can have more and make more, hopefully.

I am so tired right now and just trying to get back into the swing of things and back into a routine. I am hoping to get started on my adoption quilt, and I need to get blood work done, and make a few phone calls. And back to work for me tomorrow. I think it would be easier if I had the crystal clear ocean to look at when I woke up and when I went home. Oh well, maybe someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment