Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Adoption and house

So wow! I haven't written in a long while! To sum things up life has been busy and crazy! Also I have off and on been emotional, sensitive, and extremely tired. Work has been busy and keeping me on my toes.

So as for work, like I said it's been busy. I have had a lot of nice deliveries and such and been on mother baby pretty equally to my labor time. I don't mind it too much even though I call myself a labor nurse.And as tired as I have been and not feeling like working, I do like my job.

So as for the adoption, we went to send our first payment and paperwork and we didn't have enough postage! Paul and I are bad about not checking the mail too, so it sat there for a week! I was so upset, but I put another stamp on it and mailed it again, only to have it returned yet again for not enough postage!! I was upset but Paul mailed it and paid the rest in person. The got the stuff last week and in the mean time, I started our flower bulb sale to raise money too. I have gotten some orders, however, I am not sure we will meet the goal I'd like but that is okay. So this week and last weekend we having been filling out the paperwork that is simple and needs to be returned now. Next on my list will be making copies of things we need and getting stuff notarized. There is a lot to be notarized! But if I keep at it and tell Paul what he needs to do it will get done. And we have our yard sale scheduled for June 23rd and I am hoping to get a big return on that to cover the rest of our home study fees. We are also going to work on filling out papers for the grant we will apply for. So a lot of stuff going on, but all good.

Now for the "attack" from Satan using our house. Paul has been concerned about the house and wanted to get it checked out because the floor slopes to the middle and we have a door that won't close and ceiling "pops" all over. So yesterday we finally had a contractor come out to see if we need to get our house lifted. He looked in the crawl space and nothing seemed too bad, but he asked if there were other things that we questioned related to the sloping. So I took him around the house a bit showed him the door that doesn't close and the cracks in the walls. When he looked at the ceiling that is in our bathroom and the shower stall he asked how long it had been like that (the ceiling is separated from the  drywall), I told him since we bought the place. He got worried then, he said that should never happen. To top it off we have had water in the crawl space which we knew about and have a sump pump for, but he also said that around the pilings the dirt goes toward them, and that is not good. So he will be coming back soon with his crew to assess everything and use lasers and stuff to see if its minor or not. I am praying for minor and not really needing to do much about it right now, because if it is major it could be upwards of $20,000!!! (Gulp, oh wait....vomit!) So Paul and I could be looking at taking out a personal loan or credit card to do this if it needs it, then we may also need to do that for the adoption if we don't raise all the money we need.

Also in the last few weeks, we had sermons on money i.e. tithing, saving, and living. So Paul and I are tithing from our gross income now, which is significantly more, but we are trusting God to take care of us. My grandpa had his 80th birthday and surprise party. Paul replaced the carpet with the laminate wood flooring we bought 2 years ago and we switched Belle's room to the big room that she will share with her sister. And we mostly put together our office craft room. So a lot is going on, and mostly good. Like I said I am just praying that God will come through and take care of us and give us the funds, strength, and help we need.

So please pray for us as we continue on our adoption journey with financing and our home that the problem is really minor or that insurance will cover the cost or part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment