Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Emotional roller coaster

So today started out good, I had doctor appointments and Belle was behaving while I did that and ran some errands. I was feeling so at ease and at peace with life then I have one thing happen and it throws me off. She was really good up until we were at my second appointment (the cardiologist) and she began hitting me and pinched me. Needless to say she got time out twice, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to phase her any. Then she was lifting my skirt and tugging at it while I was talking to the girls at the front desk about my follow up appointments and copies of records for my primary so he can make sure the adoption paperwork is accurate. Then she fell asleep in the car and we went to the library. She liked that and was okay there, though she did run away from me a couple times. We went to the Amish farmer's market and  got a bunch of produce and some eggs for about $20! I thought it was a good deal! Then since my mom and sister were close by we all met at my house and had lunch. We haven't spontaneously done anything like that in about 2 years since dad died. Mom can do that now because she is off for the summer and will be working part time from now on. She will be watching Belle starting in July too. It is a much better arrangement for all of us and we are all have more peace about it.

So after they left while she was napping, I checked e-mail and stuff and our home study orientation is scheduled for July 7th! I was really excited and nervous to be moving that quick. Then I got a phone call from the fire marshal to schedule our home assessment. He said that since we are doing an adoption we get put to the top of the list, so they don't hold us up! We just mailed the papers yesterday! I was shocked to hear back that quick! I was so shocked I got a little worked up about things. But after talking to Paul I calmed down. I am so excited and obviously this is God's plan! So I was feeling better at this point, and relaxed. By the time I started making dinner and such and Belle's movie was over, I wasn't as relaxed anymore again. She puts me over the edge when she directly disobeys what I tell her and deliberately runs away. It makes me so angry! And she is not only doing that but she is hitting, hitting people and animals. I try to punish her and need to work more on the love and logic part of discipline but it is hard! I think though she also just likes to get a rise out of me. She is one stubborn child, but so sweet and caring when she wants to be. She is a good girl, she is just misbehaving. Any advice on how to handle some of these issues would be appreciated!

So that has been my day and I will be working on more adoption stuff tomorrow on top of cleaning my house, playing with Belle, and trying to rest. We will see how it goes! That's my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment