Thursday, June 14, 2012

Cleaning, etc

Today was a day of cleaning and getting ready for the fire marshal. Whom may I add showed up while I was still cleaning! He was an hour early and I would have been done cleaning if he was on time! Oh well, all God's timing right? So that was this morning. And all went well with the inspection, we need to add a few things to our home but got approved! And I thought that there would be a fee and there isn't! He said for adoptions they do it for free!

This afternoon I spent time with Belle and read my kindle. I finished the book I have been reading tonight. I love to read, it just takes me away from my life and relaxes me. I can get too consumed in a book though, to the point I don't want to talk to Paul! I know not good right, but he gets it. So this morning I was feeling that I needed some encouragement to get through the day so on top of my devotion, I read Proverbs 31 and a few of my favorite verses. I am striving to be the woman that God intends for me to be and to be the Proverbs 31 wife.

This evening was my trying time today though. Belle was cranky and needy, she intentionally and consistently disobeyed. And it plucks my nerve after multiple times! She was kind of crazy and I just need to work on talking more instead of scolding, because she really doesn't respond to that. I need to be more calm but every time I try to get something done in the evenings or I am talking on the phone she misbehaves. And not only does she do something she know she shouldn't but she then runs away or does it again. When I am on the phone she tries to do stuff to see how long I'll let it go or if I won't say anything at all. She is so strong willed! I love her to death but boy does she know my buttons!! Talking to my mom tonight she told me I set myself up because I named her after my grandmother and great-grandmother, two very independent strong women. Well I guess I did! And I think I am realizing that because she is so smart, I need to keep her occupied in other ways and find new constructive things for her to do especially in the evenings. Paul and I talked about her last night and agreed that she is the type of child that will need to learn the hard way, by getting hurt, or getting everything taken away from her. She is so loving though too, and she is both of her namesakes. God bless my girl!

Now tomorrow will be kind of busy, I need to get stuff done at home, and then leave at 1230 for a drill at work, after that pick up yard sale stuff, and then goes to friend's for dinner and to do adoption stuff. Then Saturday I work and Sunday I am on call 12 hours, so potentially working again. God will see me through, never leave me or forsake me! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment