Monday, December 10, 2012

Crazy weekend!!!

So last Thursday I finished the adoption quilt then Friday I spent all day baking cookies for our fundraiser. I made chocolate chip and Ethiopia shaped sugar cookies with the flag colors for icing. I made 50 of the Ethiopia cookies! And can I just say I will NOT bake another sugar cookie for months right now! Then Saturday I had to finish the cookies and make the cupcakes. But we also wanted to do breakfast with Santa at my work. So we spent the morning doing that and Paul and I both felt exhausted so we took turns taking a nap since Belle had her nap in the car! Then I made the cupcakes and finished the cookies. Which the cupcakes were AMAZING!!! Peppermint Mocha, a recipe I got from another adoptive mom on Facebook! Then after dinner we drove down to a local farm to look at Christmas lights because they do a ton of lights and one house the lights blink to music on a radio station. Belle fell asleep on the way but I woke her up and she loved it!

Now for the really busy day was Sunday. We went to church and promptly had to have lunch super fast and get over to the hall to set up for our fundraiser! We got set up totally a little after one when it started. Thankfully my mom and mother-in-law helped and they were a great help!! We had just friends and family come, which was fine. I did advertise it, but without other people we still did great! We made $600!!! So thank you to all of the family and friends for supporting us, helping bake, set up, and donating to us! And I am so thankful too for the donations for the silent auction! So with this money, the money we already have saved and some extra that we need to add to it and the adoption grant we should get we should only have another $1000 to put into our Dossier. And we had a blast at our fundraiser talking to friends and family. The kids ran around like the crazies they are and it is just a joy!

So the only other thing we forgot about was the payment for our USCIS stuff, that is over $800 due when we submit it which needs to be soon. So I am just trying to pray and trust that God will provide a way to pay for that and hopefully soon! But it is all in his timing, so I trust him and hopefully Paul will be on board too.

Today was work and it was fine until 1630-1700! Then the floodgates opened and people just kept coming in! So I am tired, but good! So I think Paul just wants to chill out so we will work on adoption stuff later. Tomorrow, I will be cleaning, doing laundry, taking Belle to the doctor because she has been coughing and congested for almost two weeks, and running some other errands. So a busy day for me!

And super pathetic Belle moment this morning....I woke up to her asleep on our bedroom floor on her tummy! Poor girl! I don't know how long she had been there but Paul told me tonight he heard her get up but she didn't cry or anything and we had both been up with her once already so he left her be, well she went to sleep on the floor! I think she just wants to be close to us. Hoping she doesn't do that again!

My next post will be pictures from the weekend, so enjoy looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment