Monday, December 31, 2012

What a month, what a year!

So the last time I posted it was mostly about thanksgiving and our adoption. So this time is a synopsis of the last few weeks since and my thoughts about things in the news.

The first thing I remember from writing last is the shooting in Connecticut. The only reason I knew about it is because I went into work extra that day because they were so busy and I saw it on the tv. It made me so sad and want to homeschool Belle or consider it again. But unfortunately I cannot protect her from everything. I can only do so much and that is why Paul and I dedicated her to God as a baby because we cannot protect her from everything bad no matter how hard we try. So we trust that God will take care of her and keep her safe. We also try to teach her they way to follow God. It broke my heart for all those parents who lost their children. And we cannot blame anyone except evil and the shooter. It is not the guns that made the decision to kill it was the man and the evil inside of him. I try not to post too much politics online but that one I think is important. We need to bring God back into our lives, our schools, and our nation. This is why there is so much evil and hatred. Though I am also realistic and know that even with God in our lives evil exists and will make appearance. So why make more strict gun laws when if people will kill they will kill and find a way todo so. Yes it may decrease numbers but it won't stop those who are truly determined and evil. It will stop those who want to protect themselves from doing so. Anyways enough said on that matter. I have prayed and thought of the parents, families, and other children throughout the month and that is what we should and all we can do.

So after that I have been working a lot! And getting ready for Christmas. Christmas was good but didn't feel like Christmas. Partially because I had to work and partially because Belle got super sick! She spiked temps on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to 104.7-105.6. And those were on antibiotics that we started the day before Christmas Eve! Her antibiotic got changed and she is now getting better! Praise God! Then Paul and I started not feeling well this week too. I think from being worn down taking care of Belle and trying to still do Christmas the way we wanted to. But we are all on the mend now for the new year!

The other thing we had a hard time with was finding out our grant we applied for for the adoption we will not hear about for at least a month! I was so upset to hear this because I was going to send out letters with our Christmas cards but I got over it and sent them out on Christmas Eve. Also we found out that we have to get uscis approval and that can take 6 weeks before we get an appointment! All I am hoping and praying for is to have our dossier submitted in February. No matter what we have to do even get a loan or whatever. But I also found out good news. Ethiopia is changing how they do the court dates for adoptive families so it goes a bit quicker and the US Ethiopian embassy may try to arrange visas for the kids sooner so it's possible we may only have to travel to Ethiopia once!!! This is my prayer!! And my hope!!! The other great news is that with our most recent fundraiser and the generous people that participated in our silent auction and some extra money we have gotten we have $1116 to put into our adoption account! This was truly my goal for our fundraiser and God provided it just in other ways!!! Plus we have some extra. God is so good and will provide exactly what we need!

So now the year is ending. These are the things that happened and I have been reflecting on some. We started out this ear at a concert by switchfoot and me considering and planning on starting college to get my bsn in the fall. Then Paul went to the adoption seminar and we decided to adopt. God called us to start sooner than later in March. We placed our application in the end of April. Paul and I went on a week long cruise with my mom and sister. We had a blast! We got approval for the Ethiopia program while on the cruise. We started our home study stuff in July. Paul got laid off within a week or two of starting the home study. He found a new and better job within two weeks so August first he had a new job. Mom and I went to women of faith and I saw Mandisa in concert!! Paul and I celebrated six years of marriage. Belle went trick or treating for the first time. Glory and I threw mom and surprise 50th birthday party. We both of our families over for thanksgiving. We had a big fundraiser and had great success due I generous family and friends. Belle actually "got" the whole Christmas and Santa thing this year. And she got sick the worst she ever has over Christmas. There may be a few things I forgot but these were the highlights. And I'm praying for a year of being and getting healthier and that our adoption does not get held up anymore and we get a referral by this time next year. I'm also praying for a more relaxed year without so much craziness and running around. Belle will start school this year and we will be waiting for Adeline. We will hopefully have one vacation and spend time with family and get stuff down around our house!

I hope everyone has a safe night tonight and happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment