Thursday, September 20, 2012

Busy busy!

So last week was pretty busy. The rest of the week went like this. I worked Thursday and took off on Friday because I thought Paul and I may go away for our anniversary but we didn't. So Friday I had a doctor appointment scheduled that was a mistake and basically I really did not have an appointment, so I drove to Waldorf for no reason. But I did get to go to the Christmas Tree Shop and got some good deals on things for gifts and some crafts for Belle. WE also went to the grocery store and home. We just kind of chilled out and I think I cleaned a little. I honestly cannot remember! How sad is that! Saturday was long but fun. We took Belle to the county fair and Paul did sound for a wedding at church afterward. Then we all came home and Paul and I went on a date for our anniversary. Which did not go quite as planned. I think we were both so tired from the fair and everything that we forgot to give Paul's parents the key to our house and we forgot to grab our gift card for the movies! We realized all this at dinner. Anyway we went to dinner and the movie and Paul's parents just kept Belle overnight. We saw The Bourne Legacy, which was good. We skipped church the next day because it was our anniversary and we just needed to chill out at home. We did go out to lunch with Paul's parents for his dad's birthday. But other than that we chilled and cleaned the house. It was nice just being together and getting things accomplished. So it was a busy but good weekend! And Belle loved the fair and riding the pony! She was so cute and it's even cuter with her talking about the pony still!

Another thing that occurred with me last week....was while I was on my way to work on Thursday morning I was praying about everything in general. I was praying and thinking about our adoption, praying for Paul and I, Belle and finances. God told me to fast and to fast from chocolate specifically. I have been eating a lot of chocolate and sweets in general. I think I have gained weight because of it, and I have been turning to sweets instead of God. So as if Thursday last week with the exception of Saturday for our anniversary, I have given up chocolate until November first. I thought and prayed about just a few weeks but God told me November. I felt like He was asking me to do this to show him that I trust him and he will take care of us financially and especially with our adoption. I felt like I needed to do something else for our family and our adoption. So goodbye chocolate for now. And honestly, it hasn't been that hard, difficult but not really hard....yet!

I cannot remember if I posted about our adoption last week either, so here it is. We are just waiting for our social worker to call us and schedule our first home visit! We should hear by this coming Tuesday. And our friends that were in China getting their kids got home tonight! I cannot wait to meet those kiddos! We watched their other kids Tuesday night into Wednesday and Paul did most of the work. He was a champ and did a great job!

So things going on this week. Monday I cleaned and we closed to pool. So summer is officially over. I worked Tuesday and Wednesday. Which just leaves today. So today I did laundry, cleaned, played with Belle, napped, went to the Amish market, and picked up my check and items left from the consignment shop.

Updates on my crazy girl. She is a nut, but what else is new! She is sometimes good at listening and stopping what I tell her especially after time out. However with time out recently she is saying immediately after being placed there that she has to go potty, as she pees herself. She is doing this on purpose to get out of time out. I put her back after she is cleaned up but the message is not sinking. So I am going to other plans and plan to keep her in time out until it's over then get her cleaned up. She is also in the "I need" everything stage. It really is funny to listen sometimes. She is getting better about not hitting me. And she is really starting to pretend play. She is doing pretend play with her kitchen and her babies and it is so cute to watch! She can also bring her toes up when she hangs on the rings or monkey bars mostly by herself! I have also taken away her booster seat because she plays too much in it. So she is in a regular chair like us now. Getting her to sleep is easier again, we are just putting her down and leaving and she is staying in bed. She loves to give hugs and love what we call Belle sandwich where Paul and I hug and squish her between us. She also is a bossy little thing. Tells us to get up, leave, and whatever else she wants. It is funny to hear her. And she loves to cook and do projects as we call them!

I think that is it for now. I am fasting, working on praying more, and working on staying clam and empathetic with Belle. Also I am working on feeling kinder toward Paul and spending more time with him. Thank you for reading about my simple crazy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment