Thursday, September 27, 2012

Rough mommy day

Today started out okay. Belle woke up before 7 but I stayed in bed since Paul was getting up. Since he left though she has had issues listening and it has been testing my patience big time. I have yelled today more than I have in a while. It plucks my nerves when she deliberately does not listen. I did get things done today. I vacuumed, started laundry, made breakfast cookies, did some projects, and made roasted zucchini chips for lunch. I had Belle help and make some Christmas gifts and help with the cookies. She still was not listening though. She is feeling better since sleeping last night, but she was still tired. So I tried to put her down for a nap at noon and I needed it too. Well, she got out of bed three times. Once to try to get into my bed, once for water, and once because she messed the bed. This was all over an hour or so. Once I had her cleaned up and the bed changed, she screamed. All throughout this she was screaming or crying for something. I tried to cuddle with her, I let her in my bed with me, I got her water, I sang to her, and I tried to let her cry it out. She also screamed that top of the lungs I am ticked off scream at me, and mind you this was not my greatest moment, but I did it back at her. I think I scared her, and I told her she didn't like it and neither did I. She began to calm down by that point and the last thing that finally worked and by this time she was exhausted was I took her shirt off because it was wet and tucked her in after snuggling with her and told her to go to sleep. The only reason she probably stayed was she was too exhausted anymore.

So going to take it easy the rest of the afternoon and finish laundry and make dinner. Other than that not much because I only napped for 15 minutes or so. I also think she needs my attention and to spend time with me so I will. I love her to death, but parenting is not for the weak!

No comments:

Post a Comment