Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sick

So Monday was a good day. Though busy we were at least able to get a nap! I went to my annual GYN visit and discussed my feelings of PMS and how much it is affecting my life. So he suggested taking Black Cohash to help since I don't want anything that is not natural. Then we had cold stone creamery with mom and went to the craft store. I got stuff for the bridal shower for Saturday for Paul's cousin. Then we ended up getting home late because I had to meet up with a few people. And we met with someone from a company about buying meat that is preservative, steroid, and antibiotic free. As of right now we are going to try it out, but will need a deep freezer too! So we will be adding that to our kitchen until someday when we can afford a garage.

Yesterday I worked and it was a stressful and busy day. I had to catch up a lot on charting and it was just busy. When I got home Belle had a runny nose and she got to bed late which always messes with her and she cries more. But once she fell asleep she was okay, until she couldn't breathe through her nose. She kept waking up crying and was difficult to comfort. I felt bad for her, so I gave her some benadryl and hooked up her humidifier. They didn't work! :-(  She ended up in our bed and she kept kicking me in the back. On top of that she was up every 2-3 hours and had difficulty sleeping. I did not feel right about sending her to day care like that and exposing the other kids to whatever illness she has, so I called out of work today and stayed home with her. She was up at 7 and whinny! She got so cranky and whinny that I laid her down and I laid down for a nap at 1030 which is totally off of our schedule but she is sick. I also am pretty sure she at least has a low grade fever, but I am not going to take her temperature unless I have to. After the first nap she wasn't as whinny and we watched a movie from my childhood. We watched Rainbow Bright and the Star Stealer! She liked it and sat and watched the whole time! Then I tried to lay her down again for another nap. She fought me, but I think she fell asleep for a little bit but her coughing woke her up. So then she asked to get into bed with me, but then all she did was talk and play. So I put her back in her bed and we both got at least 30 minutes of sleep. I am hoping tonight goes better and she is feeling better tomorrow so I can get stuff done.

My plan for tomorrow is to make the prizes for the shower, make some cookies for my meeting on Friday (and for us!), make roasted butternut squash and zucchini chips. Oh, and do laundry, vacuum the house and maybe work on my quilt or another project I have going! And I need to start making Christmas gifts!
Then Friday I have a meeting then I work until 7. Saturday is the bridal shower and Sunday is my break. Next week I work every other day. I only get off three days, and this week is four but not all together. I am hoping I don't get sick though!

No comments:

Post a Comment