Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend

So this weekend was super busy for all of us! Friday night we went to the local pumpkin farm and! had dinner, rode the train, ate cupcakes and just had fun! Then Saturday I worked while Paul got stuff done at home. Then he and Belle went to a Blue Crabs game. She had a blast from what I heard. They didn't get home until 1030pm! So I had some mommy time to myself! I watched two movies, got myself mexican for dinner with a margarita and chilled out after a busy day at work! Then yesterday we went to church and then to the church picnic which we didn't get home until after 6! So it was a good weekend. I also really like the sermon and some points Pastor Michael made. So I will spell them out. And it was a funny service too, because there was a really loud cricket chirping throughout the sermon! It was pretty hilarious. I think it was in the baptismal! Too funny!

Okay, so here it goes on my take on the sermon. To give some background we have been in a series called ABC. The A stands for Admit, admit that you have sinned, the B for believe that Christ is Savior and rose from the dead, and C, commit your life to following Him. Our sermon this week was on commit. Commit your life to Him and following Him. Some points that pastor made that stood out to me but were not key bullets I think maybe should have been. So the story behind it all is the story of the prodigal son. The son who tells his dad, you are dead to me give me my money, then spends it and hits rock bottom, then comes back asking for forgiveness. So there is the background briefly. We all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God, so we all need to admit that, and then we believe that He is God and rose from the dead to pay for our sins. Then commit our lives to following, but when we commit it needs to be a constant commitment, not for a while. Daily we sin and daily we need to ask for forgiveness, strength to do what it right, and will to resist what is wrong. "Our belief needs to match our behavior." We believe that something is wrong, we need to show it and not act that way or do that thing. This is what separates the "fans from the followers". Fans follow when things are good and going their way, it is "me" thinking. Followers follow when times are good and bad. This is "family" thinking. So question...can you still be a follower but sin or does that make you a fan? Yes, you can be a follower and sin, because we are all sinners! Fan or follower you are a sinner, so am I! Trust me I am far from perfect! The difference though is the follower daily admits sin, repents, and tries to do better. Sin is everywhere and "in the middle of sin is I". Meaning when you sin its all about you. sIn equals selfishness. So, personally I already ask forgiveness almost daily, and I know there is something throughout the day that I have done wrong. And I try to do better after or the next day. I want to be close to my God, He gives me comfort when I am hurt or broken. I am committed to living for Him and trying to be more like Him. So let me ask you, what is your choice? Are you needing to be saved in general and admit or do you need to commit and live for God daily?

No comments:

Post a Comment