Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Another busy day

So today was busy and sad. I attended a funeral for a wonderful woman who met Jesus on Saturday night. It was a lovely service and celebration of her life. She was known for her hugs at church and always being joyful and having a smile on her face. She had been sick for a long time, but even in her illness always smiled and hugged others. She had a joy about her that I only wish I could obtain. I really wish I could ask her just that, "How do you always stay joyful and how do I obtain that?" I know the answer is in Jesus and I have Him in my life, but what about those days that you just are not feeling joyful. I guess I need to surround myself more with joyful Bible verses and such. That was this morning and I drove like a mad woman to get there on time or close to it. Then I rushed home to take Belle to her doctors appointment.

Her appointment went well she got her ppd and I couldn't have been more proud. She sat and watched them with the needle, she flinched a little but had no tears or screams!

The other thing that went on today was we had the contractor back out to look at the house and take measurements in the crawl space. Well, from what I can understand there are two footers that are leaning way to the side and pushing the main support beam which is causing the slopes of the floor, the nail pops in the ceiling and in the floor. So we are now waiting for an estimate. And essentially from what I understand, our beams are leaning and our house could potentially fall over/in if those beams fall down. Great!! We will have to get the house lifted and those beams replaced and I will have them make sure that the grading is better so the crawl space doesn't flood again and we don't get this problem again. So I am praying that with the adoption and everything this doesn't cost too much. We are thinking we will have to take out a loan depending on the cost. So that is my news on the house. I am however thanking God that our house is still standing and that we have a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment