Thursday, July 26, 2012

Rant

Alright, so I am going to rant for a minute here. I am seeing so much on facebook about Chick-Fil-A and not supporting gay rights and people's disapproval of that. So here it goes. God call us to love one another, to even love our enemies. Jesus sat, dined, hugged, and spent loads of time with sinners. Now, I work with people who are openly homosexual. I like them and love them as people. Do I approve of their lifestyle? No, I don't and I am open about my beliefs. Will I support their marriage by attending their wedding? No, but I will be happy for them as a person, that they are happy.  Do I go up to them and say "I think you are wrong for living the way you do."? No I don't. I accept them for who they are, I do not judge them. Judging is not my right, it's Gods. We are all sinners, whether it is lying, cheating, homosexuality, murder, or jealousy. The only thing that really matters is our relationship with Jesus Christ and no one can say what that is except that person whether they are saved. And even once you are saved, guess what?! You still sin!! Guess what now? God still loves you! His love is unconditional! So no matter what sin you commit, God loves you! And God calls us to be like him in mind and spirit! So to be like him in mind and spirit you love all people no matter what. No matter what their past is, their sexual orientation, or how they choose to live their life now.

And as far as Chick-Fil-A goes for being honest and open about their stand on gay marriage, that is what they believe. It is no different from what I believe and I will support the company because I agree with them. When you think about this company and their beliefs, also think to yourself and ask yourself these questions. Are they shutting the doors to gay couples? Are they discriminating against gay couples and not serving them? Are they protesting against gay marriage? If the answers to your questions are no, then what's the problem? If there is a problem then it is you. You are the one discriminating against those who want to believe what the Bible says and you are discriminating against those who believe that it is wrong.

All I want to do is give a little perspective with all of the media out there bashing this company. And a lot of times it is not Christians who are discriminating against homosexuals, it is the other way around. We are discriminated against and called names, cursed at, and told that we are "old fashioned", or politically incorrect. So think about it, are they telling you they won't serve you or accept you if you come into their store? Or are they just stating their beliefs. Which  may I add our constitutional right! And our country was founded on God and the Bible, and look at how far and how messed up our country is now.

 Personally, I just want to show Christ's love to others, accept them for who they are, and live my life according to God's will. If someone asks what I believe, I will tell them openly, but I will not tell someone that they are living their life wrong, because most have heard it already. I can invite them to church, but I will not judge them, it's not my place nor does it belong to anyone else but God.

No comments:

Post a Comment