Monday, July 2, 2012

Interesting day

This morning started with hearing Paul in the kitchen kind of banging around. I knew though it was from the ants that were there last night that he was taking care of them again. Then Belle got up soon after that. The morning started off good, and I thought to try some potty training with Belle. That went okay at first but then turned really sour by 10am. She was screaming and kicking me when I tried to put a pull up on her. So she ended up in a diaper again and wants to be in a diaper. So fail one. Second fail was trying to take care of more ants and repel them with used coffee grounds, and kill them with vinegar water. Then the third fail was I had given Belle lunch and she was eating a pretzel which she dropped part of it on the floor where Paul had used pesticide for the ants this morning and after I tell her to throw it away, what does she do....she eats it of course! So then I call Paul upset because now she may have ingested some pesticide. Then I make the call to poison control. They said that small amount would do nothing to her. So sigh of relief. On top of all that I cleaned our bedroom and did a load of laundry and will be doing another. As well as doing dishes, cleaning the kitchen up some, and making dinner. Hopefully we will get to the pool today too. Belle loves the pool! I don't mind it either! ;-)
 
And upon doing my devotion this morning, I read about saying "No". As parents we run and run and go and go. Non-stop. Whether it is to the store, taking care of everyone, random errands, soccer, dance, etc. When do we really get a break? When do we take the time for a break? Well, the bible gives us an example. Jesus was/is our Savior and Father. When He needed rest, he did. He went off by himself and prayed, He prayed for strength, compassion, deliverance, and help. These are things that are number one, okay to pray for and we should pray for. We should also be praying for our children, and it's okay to need a break! And as a married couple you need breaks too. Dates, vacations, etc. We all need rest from work, daily life, and children. It's okay! Thank you Jesus for your example!

When checking facebook this afternoon, I read my friends blog who is adopting from China. and she still needs money for her adoption, they will be traveling soon, to get their two kids and need cash. And while she posts her need for cash she also asks for her followers to support us as well! I am blown away by the love, acceptance, and friendship she has given me over the last year and more recently!

So, here is the link to her blog and some of her fundraisers if anyone is willing to help her and us with our adoptions. Also check out their adoption story! mandysabusymommy.blogspot.com  



Now I am waiting for Paul to call me back because he called and told me about a store that is closing and an opportunity to get a great price on cameras, phones, and laptops. Needless to say we will be getting each thing for a really good price. I am just praying that it is not too good to be true and that the stuff is legitimate. God is good and will give us the desires of our hearts when He sees fit. (Not sure why it won't take the italics off either!)

No comments:

Post a Comment