Thursday, July 26, 2012

Exhausted

So this week has been decent. Work has been eerily "okay". I don't and won't use what we call the "s" or "q" word afraid to jinx us! Not that I really am superstitious but it does seem to get busy when we use those words! Anyway, I worked Monday and Tuesday. Monday was extra and I stayed for the money and then on Tuesday got paid on call for eight hours which took away any overtime I was going to get! I did make four hours extra but still I signed up for the overtime! Whatever, I probably needed the break anyway. I took it as God saying take a break and do things you have been intending to do. So I cleaned a little, chilled, and worked on my adoption quilt that I am making. I am no where near done, but got a lot done too. Today I worked 3a-3p and I am tired to say the least! That is a hard shift to work, but I did it to help out our unit, plus I got night shift differential, so that won't hurt.

Paul has been filling in at a local shop this week for someone on vacation. Which that has been a blessing and we are praying he will find something else soon. It has been weird though because he is home and not and home again. He followed up on some leads but nothing so far at least nothing right now. Paul also called the contractor about the house and we should know tomorrow what needs to be done and how much it will cost.

As far as adoption stuff is concerned, we are slowly working on it. I did however score a hall for free so we can do a luncheon or something on December 9th! I wanted to show a movie, but you have to purchase licensing and that can be $100 and up. So I am going to see if a friends dad can donate his talent and play us Christmas music. Someone gave me the idea of doing dessert and coffee over spaghetti. I am not sure yet though. But that would cost less and be a little easier. So we will see! I am excited about that though because that could bring in some good money for the adoption! We will also hold a silent auction along with whatever we do, and I will have activities for the kids. I am also thinking of an "It's a Wonderful Life" theme. I love that movie and it reminds me of my grandmother who I know would encourage our adoption and fully support it! 

Belle is so cute too. I haven't bragged about her much lately, but I am amazed at how smart she is! She can count to ten, recognize letters of the alphabet, and is working on shapes and colors! She is so cute too! The only time she is not so cute is when she is hitting, throwing a complete fit, or won't go to bed. But even then she is still beautiful and I love my independent, strong willed girl to death! No matter what she brightens my day everyday. And I cannot wait to expand my love, attention, and affection to my other daughter who is out there just waiting for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment