Sunday, July 8, 2012

Busy week and weekend

So, this week was crazy for our family! I worked most of the week, all but Monday and Wednesday. Which as everyone knows Wednesday was the fourth of July. So that evening was not spent at home but at my mom's to celebrate. Then yesterday we had our first home study visit, which was our group orientation, then we went to a wedding in the evening. Today was church and home that's it! So unfortunately I didn't get to see or spend much time with Belle which made me very sad and miss her a lot. So I ended up being a little cranky and emotional at times. Just ask Paul, he'll tell you!

And one great blessing for the week, we found out we won a vacation! We entered a contest at a ball game and won! We won a couple nights in Williamsburg and a few nights in Orlando! We just have to listen to them give their pitch for an hour and half and get our vouchers. We will do that this Friday. So the hotels are covered and we just have to pay for incidentals! We have a year to use it. So God blessed us with vacations!

As for work days they were decent. I did have the option a few times to go home early, but I chose not to because number one I want the money and number two, I don't want to use my leave. I am saving it for Ethiopia and time off after we get home. Wednesday was good, however, I was sad. I missed my dad a bit because I remember the holiday growing up with him. We would grill out, spend the day at the pool and then he would turn his truck the opposite way on the street so we could sit in the bed of the truck and watch the fireworks out in front of the house. Then he and mom would go downstairs to watch the Boston Pops while we watched tv or went to bed. Anyway, we went to the pool and napped and everything, then went to moms for a cookout and fireworks with family and friends. It is nice to do that, but I think sometime soon we may just do an individual family thing because everything is just so busy! We had a good time though and Belle spent the night at moms. She came home the next night though after we worked and everything. Mom started watching her this week too, so she was there almost all week. And yesterday on our way to the adoption agency we dropped Belle off once again at moms and left her there for the night since we had the wedding to go to as well.

The home study orientation went great. We turned in papers that needed to be, we met other couples adopting from Ethiopia. And we learned some more things about adoption and coping with our child once she gets home. We learned about some discipline and attachment things and how our own experiences can guide how we treat our children. Anyway, it was good. Paul and I talked a little to the other couples but not too much, sometimes we are kind of shy in areas like that. At one point I did feel like less or like I wasn't doing it for the right reason when I heard people talking about missions and other things they have done that drove them to adopt. Our reason is completely different, but all the same God put it in our path and directed us this way just not the same way He has directed others. Sometimes, it is hard to remember that because I fear judgement and ridicule for not having a better reason. It's stupid but it's the truth.

The wedding was of a friend and co-worker and it was beautiful. She looked beautiful and I wish and pray the best for them. The only thing that bothered me was the catholic ceremony, mostly because I don't understand the religion and their rituals in any way. I found it sad that I didn't see a single Bible for anyone to pick up and read, just predetermined books that they had. And I also found it sad and so impersonal that the priest read prayers from a book instead of just praying. Then he went on about the reason to marry is essentially to procreate. Not much more to it than that according to him. Anyway, that's my vent on that. We had a great time otherwise and Paul and I just enjoyed being with each other in general yesterday and talking about everything.

Today in church I was feeling and I think have been feeling God calling me toward something else. I think He is giving me a more servants heart and wants me to serve in a different way, possibly with my career. Not sure what or when yet but I think I am certain that changes will come in His time and be the right changes. I am feeling like I want to be home more with Belle and with our other little girl when she comes home, and that I need to be more involved with our church. He wants me to serve Him and be more of a member of that community rather than my work community. I want to get involved in missions and serving Him. I don't know when like I said but I know changes are coming along and on top of our adoption.

Now today has been a difficult day trying to get Belle to sleep. I think her schedule is all messed up from last week and spending nights at moms, that now she won't sleep at home. It is almost 9 pm and she is still not asleep and she was up at 4 am!! Yet, I know she is tired, she won't do it. Thankfully tomorrow, my errands will be on my own and I have people to watch her while I go to appointments so she can stay home.

There are some other things going on concerning our adoption and friends adopting as well, and I ask for prayers for all of us. And prayers for all of us financially that God knows and will provide what we need.

Today the sermon was on being content, and how to find it. Basically it all relates to rejoicing and trusting God. Trusting that God knows what He is doing and He cares for and loves you unconditionally. See Phillipians 4:4-12 for reference. That's all I think I have for today. Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment