Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Unexpectedly busy

Today was pretty good. Paul let me sleep in again since Belle was up at 6am and I slept until 8! I was on a good role of getting stuff done, and talked to mom this morning. Then I called the dentist again because I was having pressure pain in my root canal tooth again after my filling I had redone last week. So thankfully they got me in today because otherwise, I would have to wait another week. I stopped by mom's so she could see Belle, which we stayed longer than planned but that was good. And we were still at her house at lunch so she gave us coupons for Chick-Fil-A since we had free sandwich coupons. Paul met us up there while he was out job searching. Then Belle and I went to the library and farmers market. I ran into the daycare provider I use in our neighborhood and told her I may need her for the fall and she said that's fine! That was a relief to know that I have someone close if I need it once Paul gets another job. Then we played in the pool and now we are just relaxing together.

I am still struggling some with the job and money aspect of recent events. But I heard an old hymn today that reminded me number one that I don't have it so bad, and number two all needs to be alright with me because this is part of what God's ultimate plan is. The song was It is well by Horatio G. Spafford, for some who don't know the lyrics is goes like this:

  1. When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
    When sorrows like sea billows roll;
    Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
    It is well, it is well, with my soul.
    • Refrain:
      It is well, with my soul,
      It is well, it is well, with my soul.
  2. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
    Let this blest assurance control,
    That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
    And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
  3. My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
    My sin, not in part but the whole,
    Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
    Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
  4. For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
    If Jordan above me shall roll,
    No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
    Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
  5. But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
    The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
    Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
    Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!
  6. And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
    The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
    The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
    Even so, it is well with my soul.
He wrote this song after his wife and children drowned in a ship that sank crossing the Atlantic. He wrote these words as he visited their grave, where the ship sank. I have it good compared to others and am thankful for all that I do have! Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment