Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Adoption

So we just submitted our application for our little girl from Ethiopia and I am totally freaked out! I know it's dumb and I have been talking about doing this but I am in shock because I feel like I just committed us to spending 30 thousand plus dollars! And where do we come up with that money! As I am typing though I am calming down and remembering that God is in control and this is His will. He wants us to do this so He will provide. I am excited at the same time, I can't believe we are going to have another little girl! I can't wait!

Now we are going to do fundraising. This Saturday is our first yard and bake sale. I am worried though that we won't sell all of the stuff! We have decided though to sell the baby stuff too. They were gifts but what better way to use gifts that people gave us to get money to get our other little girl! I will sell them later though because I don't feel like I can part quite yet. The other thing I am doing is getting addresses to mail letters. I will also be starting a flower bulb sale, t-shirt sale, quilt auction, and possibly a dinner! A lot to do, but it will be so worth it!

The other thing I was thinking about just last night was that we need to get our foundation checked and I start to panic a little when I think about that and having to pay someone to look at that while going through the adoption costs. Our house sinks in the middle and Paul thinks we need the middle of the house lifted. We may it does dip quite a bit. I hope we can find someone to do this for a reasonable price. I guess it's time to pray about it!

About today, I worked. It was a good day, I took care of some really nice people. And I read my parenting book "Love and Logic" at lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment