Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Interesting

I had an interesting day to say the least. I worked 12 hours on the mother-baby side. It wasn't too bad but busy enough. The interesting part is that I found out my father has a life changing, ultimately terminal illness. Though not surprising, it was an awkward feeling hearing it and knowing that what I had been saying he has was true. Then I was battling my feelings of whether I should see him or not, and whether I should let him meet Belle. I came to the conclusion to see him before I left work, and tell him that I truly do forgive him, because in all reality he could be dying. So I told him to look at me and I told him that I forgive him and wouldn't wish anything bad on him. He looks really sick. He weighs 113lbs. I told him that I would pray for him and to let me know what the doctors and such say. So for right now I guess I will be answering the phone when he calls. All of this knowledge happened while I was at work, so I got a little distracted and discombobulated. Not that it affected my care with my patients.

The second thing is also sad, I found out through facebook a friend of mine is really sick and in ICU. She has been sick for a long time, but has turned for the worse and doctors are telling family to think the worst. She is a wonderful woman who devoted her time to family, friends, and helping mother's in need through pregnancy care centers and helping mother's to choose life for their unborn children. So please pray for her.

Belle apparently had a good day, and went to bed fine tonight without her paci!! Also Paul turned 28 today. And Paul didn't get his steak dinner, but got Chick-Fil-A on the way home and didn't get me any!! Instead I got Popeyes. And I got to catch up with a friend who is going to adopt as well, and talk about it. That was one of the best parts and tomorrow night will be spent with friends talking about adoption!

No comments:

Post a Comment