Friday, April 20, 2012

Birthday make up

So yesterday I worked. Work was good. Steady busy. I had a nice delivery within an hour of starting my shift so it started out right! I had a lot of in and out patients though and then attended another delivery. There were complications but it went well! After I got home and put Belle to bed Paul got home. He bought Belle and I both gifts! He felt so bad about my birthday and everything he bought me a necklace with a diamond pendant. He bought Belle a "pandora" like bracelet with a hello kitty charm! So cute!

Today has been okay except trying to institute new parenting skills. I went to the cardiologist and got labs and an echocardiogram ordered. The echo will be in June. The labs when I can. I also asked him to write a letter about my health status for the adoption. He said he would do that today and mail it to me! I forgot to ask him a few questions though. I'll either call or wait till next time.

I am trying this new parenting technique called "love and logic". It focuses on giving children reasonable choices that don't affect others so they feel in control of something. Even though you really are in control. And if they don't decide in 10 seconds you make the choice. The other thing I've learned so far is to show empathy when disciplining. Telling them you are sad because they can't have their toys because they didn't listen. Things like that. It sounds easy but it's not. And the other thing is that showing anger shuts them down and then they don't listen and you both gets even more upset. It's hard not to get upset though!

Tonight I am doing some shopping and then going to friends' for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment