Monday, April 9, 2012

Day as a mommy

So today I guess you could call a boring mommy day. I didn't go anywhere, I stayed home and took care of Belle and cleaned, did laundry, played with her, took a walk, and made phone calls. The only interesting thing that happened today was my phone call with the adoption agency. The first part of the process will take only 2-3 months, and I found out they don't normally have people do payments incrementally so it's not as much of a hit financially. Nut they could do it on a case by case basis.

This morning Belle woke up at 5:20 and slept in our bed until 6:30. After that she was up.  She was up until 11:30. Although I did try to put her down around 9ish, but we got rid of the pacifier today, so nap time didn't happen until I saw her nodding off a lunch. Nap time was easier because she didn't cry long, and went to sleep within minutes. Unfortunately bedtime has been harder. Lots of screaming and crying for either one of us. She screamed and cried for about 1/2 hour, but is at least quiet now if not asleep. I feel bad but the doctor said to take it away now. I also have changed what I am doing for her with nap time. If she doesn't sleep in the first 30 min and she is still crying then we wait or put up a gate and have quiet time. She sleeps with the door closed, and always has. The doctor said you can't lock a child in a room, and I took the door knob cover off, but the other day when my mother-in-law put her down with the door open and the gate up Belle cried and then shut the door herself and went to sleep. So I guess we will do what works for us.

Paul and I were planning on going to look at/buy a car on Wednesday but the car sold today. And the other car we liked is in Baltimore, and I refuse to drive in rush hour traffic for a dumb car. We don't need it! And he called about loan stuff today and he was inclined to get the credit union credit card and use that, but that makes me too nervous. The money is too available, and he has in the past made bad decisions with credit cards. I am feeling like we need to stop looking and leave it be, God will bring us the right car, for the right price, at the right time. He just needs to stop obsessing and come to terms with waiting on God. And I don't know how good of an idea it is with the adoption stuff anyway.

That was my boring day as a mommy and wife. Tomorrow will be work, which should be interesting to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment