Sunday, April 29, 2012

The weekend

So I haven't been on in a few days because it has been crazy! I worked Thursday and Friday and things were busy! It was just steady busy with people in labor. I was so tired. Friday night we got stuff ready for our yard sale we had Saturday. All of the proceeds from the yard and bake sale we had went toward our adoption. It was a cold and cloudy day, so it wasn't the best and I didn't price anything out, so it could have been done better, but we still made $133! I was actually surprised when I totaled it up because we really didn't sell many big items and we still had baked goods left over! I am planning to sell the bigger stuff and maybe group stuff together and sell it online.

Today we went to church and I am glad we did because I woke up sad and feeling sorry for myself. But once I started worshiping God I started to feel better and I realized that I am vulnerable right now, so the devil is taking advantage of me and putting thoughts into my head. I am vulnerable because I am tired, have PMS, and I am grieving my dad and my grandmother. My grandmother passed away 10 years ago on May 1, in relation to the LaPlata, MD tornado. She had an asthma attack during the tornado and they were able to resuscitate her but she had no brain activity when they did the EEG. I was very close with her and I like to think that I am a lot like her. She was a great woman who loved God and cared about people. She taught me when I was young to say sorry when people are sick or sad. She didn't tell me to do that but she said it to me and in that she taught me compassion for others. I still say that to this day if someone is sad or sick, I am sorry because I don't want them to be sad or sick.

Anyway, the rest of our day was good. Paul had mentioned on the way to church wanting to make our yard look more presentable so we stopped at the nursery on our way home and picked out some stuff. We are both happy with the way it will look. And he started working right away and Belle was outside "helping" ! I stayed inside and cleaned. And I think I have decided that I am going to try making my own laundry detergent, stain remover, household cleaner, and buy locally grown produce, and local eggs. I am hoping that through this that I can save us some money. And be more earth friendly and non-toxic for Belle.

No comments:

Post a Comment